Volunteering at BCL
Volunteering at BCL is not just about helping to run the book lending part of the library. There are lots of other roles that we need willing and committed people for.
How to volunteer - there are lots of roles apart from working directly in the Library?
We always need more volunteers to help us to improve the building and restore its heritage garden. Please download our current role profiles here: Job Roles
Consider which roles you may be interested in helping us with and then complete our volunteer application form to tell us about your skills and experience and availability.
We value all support but are particularly seeking to attract the following skills and experience:
- Architecture and building surveys
- Artistic and creative activities
- Building maintenance and gardening
- Finance and fundraising
- Educational and training activities—formal and informal
- Heritage and restoration
- Marketing and publicity
- Premises and facilities management
- Recruiting, training and developing volunteers
- ICT systems use and management
- Website development and social media
- Working with children
Who do I get in touch with?
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or of course you can call in at the library and speak to one of our volunteers.