Current vacancies at Broomhill Community Library, a totally voliunteer-run library.
We currently have vacancies for Children's Activity Leaders and Events Team members. If you think you could fill one/more of these roles please email Volunteer@broomhjill-library.org.uk for further details or simply download a volunteer application form here and send it to us. Other roles come up from time to time, so if you can respond positively to these questions, please keep us in mind!!
· Do you enjoy working with others and solving problems?
· Are you used to working with computers, able to enter information correctly, and interested in mastering new software packages?
· Are you used to working with the public, or in a customer service role and as part of a mutually supportive team?
· Are you able to understand and follow set procedures in order to comply with Sheffield Library protocols and maintain consistency with library assistants working on other sessions?
· Can you keep accurate manual records?
· Are you familiar with common IT programs, e-mail and the internet, in order to assist public computer users with simple queries
Training will be provided on how libraries work and use of the Library system database.
Ideally, we would like volunteers to work for at least one 4 hour session per week, particularly whilst they are gaining proficiency in Library systems, although other work patterns may be possible.
Initially we could ask you to complete an application and come in for a chat. We would then offer a couple of trial sessions so that you can have a taster of the library and we can assess how best we might use your skills.
Please note that this role is not suitable for volunteers seeking to learn customer care or IT skills.
To register your interest or if you have any questions you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are ready to volunteer, please download our application form, complete it and send to:
The Volunteer Co-ordinator, Broomhill Library, 10 Taptonville Road, Sheffield, S10 5BR
There are lots of roles apart from working directly in the Library - click here for more details